This school was originally established in a four-roomed cottage in Oxford Street, Thompson Estate, on 30 April 1888, and was known as the Thompson Estate Provisional School.
The school opened with 52 pupils. The Education Department took over tenancy later in the year. In 1889 with a rapidly growing enrolment the school moved into a hall in Regent Street.
As enrolment numbers increased it became expedient that the children be moved to larger, permanent premises. On 31 March 1891 the children and teachers moved to the present school which was changed to Junction Park in 1894. The present brick building was completed in 1936.
The Infant's Section was officially separated from the main school in 1948 as enrolments steadily rose. When enrolments declined, the Infant's School was amalgamated with the Primary School again in 1975.
Junction Park the Annerley Primary School continues to make its own history as the children and teachers enjoy old traditions and develop new ones.
In 2020, Junction Park will celebrate its 132nd Anniversary.
If you would like more information on the history of Junction Park State School, please visit Junction Park History.