our school plan, shared expectations for student behaviour are plain to
everyone, assisting Junction Park State School to create and maintain a
positive and productive learning and teaching environment, where ALL school
community members have clear and consistent expectations and understandings of
their role in the educational process. Our school community has identified the
following core values to teach and promote our high standards of responsible
- We support and care for each other
- Our strength is our community
- We find and support the spark
- Learning is stimulating, innovative and exciting
- Courage to change
Junction Park State School aims to provide a warm, caring and supportive learning environment where the 5Cs, which form the basis of our school rules, are evident in every situation.
The 5 Cs
COURTESY is being polite to all.
CONSIDER others before I act.
COOPERATE for the good of everybody.
COMMON SENSE is doing the sensible thing by respecting the safety and rights of others.
CARE for others, myself and property.
Everyone within the Junction Park school community, students, staff and parents should be treated fairly and with respect. Their rights should be recognised and valued to serve all needs. Positive behaviour management is based on a balance of rights and responsibilities:
- The right to feel safe;
- The right to have property respected;
- The right to be treated with dignity and respect;
- The right to develop and sustain self respect; and
- The right to learn to the best of your ability.