On behalf of the entire school community a massive thank you to Leanne Spiegel,
for her incredible leadership, fantastic systems, motivational
engagement and all out superb planning for what felt like our best Fete in years.
Leanne, the Fete
was again this year the embodiment of Junction Park the School with
Heart! The heart was shown through the increase of stalls, the increase
of volunteers, the increase in attendance and the increase in the bottom
could not happen without many, many people contributing and so many of
you who are actively engaged in this P&C have made the fete
a huge success. Christine and Tracey your team of staff and teachers
have been a joy to work with, and the support they give, through
promotion, stalls and the wonderful exhibits and entertainment is a joy
for us as parents to watch. Whilst so many have contributed, it would
be remiss of us not to single out John Rowe. John you have one of the
biggest hearts around this place, your humble, hardworking and positive
ethos is exactly the role model that Junction Park values. You show
both students and parents alike what community is about.
Dreams Heroes and Hearts has raised over $42,000 for the P&C.
Our top 5 profitable stalls for 2016:
• Raffle & Silent Auction $7120.50
• Cakes & sweets $3016.80
• Vintage $2432.10
• Trash & Treasure $2261.80
• Craft $1881.50
• Raffle Winners – All winning tickets were JPSS families (or extended families)
• Raffle brought in more money than ever before!
• Signs were much easier to read and no doubt assisted with marketing
• Vintage dreams stall – a genius idea from Helene Windels – doubled our T&T revenue
• SAKGP was an absolute favourite amongst kids and adults – Loads of fun and a great way to involve the kids
• ATM – 82 transactions and dispensed $5540
Improvements for 2017
• Sponsorship Drive – Need to
put a bigger strategy in place to push sponsorship on a bigger scale
and also re-do the business benefits
• Work on reducing costs for food stalls – more sponsorship and merging of some equipment
• Consider a removal van for the Monday T&T pack out (or Sunday)
On behalf of the P&C and the School, we
thank everyone who contributed, attended and spent money on the day. We
look forward to having an even more fantastic Fete in 2017.
Denise FoleyP&C President
If you would like to leave feedback on this year's fete or give suggestions for next year's, please contact email@example.com we would love to hear from you.